Sunday, November 7, 2010

It’s A Sign

You know what the sign of a successful weekend is??

I’ve decided it’s the combination of a blissful content feeling coupled with sheer exhaustion!

Oh yes.  And I’ve got it. Winking smile

While we have been spending quality family time all weekend, I have:

  • drove over 500 miles,
  • hugged and kissed three of my nephews,
  • registered for my second marathon,
  • ate late (and great!) dinners,
  • ran 21 miles (5 Fri., 6 Sat., 10 today),
  • stimulated a city’s economy,
  • had great girl-time,
  • and soaked in every.single.second.

I believe that family time is one thing that is never to be taken for granted.  None of us are promised tomorrow, but since surviving cancer it has hit so hard that every second we get to spend with each other is a blessing.

Yes, every second.  Even when our precious little blessings are ready to start the day at 4am, right girls?! 

Although I have to say that my princess slept til 8. Winking smile  God bless her.  And I hope I didn’t just jinx it.

Some pics from our weekend:

Caleb, Katie, and Ethan:November10 011

So excited for my SECOND MARATHON!!!registration-sidebar_marathon

Lovin the massage chairs:November10 031

Me and my girl: the best shopping buddy there is:November10 032

Our special tradition is “COOKIE BREAK” at Starbucks:November10 033

Jessa and Brayden catching up with the world while at Olive Garden (oh, by the way, does anybody else’s facebook stalk them?! LOL):November10 034

Katie attempting to take a picture with Brayden:November10 036

Looks like this is the best we’re gonna get:November10 038

Consider the economy stimulated.  Dear heavens, I hope my hubby never sees this picture! LOL!  At least I can honestly say that it’s not ALL mine!:November10 043

This is where the cool moms sit, the floorboard in between two back seats so we can feed the little one:November10 045

  And that’s about it, folks!  Now it’s time to start a new week and attempt to get our bodies adjusted to this time change.  Here goes!

Have a great evening, guys <3

Love you all!!

xoxo

“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

1 comment:

Jen said...

Holy shopping spree!!!! Awesome!!!! Have a great week :)

Jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...